1. Gratitude Journal- THIS one thing changed my whole world around. At the end (or beginning, whatever you prefer) of the day I cosy up in bed with a very pretty notebook and list all the things I’m grateful for that day. Sometime there are only two or three things on the page, but even on the most ordinary day there are lists of 10 or more loved up points of all the things that make me smile. On your not so smiley days, read over the pages previous and you’ll soon change your mind about your mood. I promise. I wrote about gratitude journaling here.
2. Meditate- Try guided meditations, body scanning, listening to relaxing, instrumental music (have you tried The Attitude Revolutions Meditones yet?) Meditation magic blog post to come!
3. Move- In whatever why you love. If you hate the gym, go dancing. If you hate to run, swim instead. Jump, play, climb mountains. However you love to move, do it daily.
4. Change your mind about your mood- This one comes very close to meditation, but when the inevitable, ‘oh crap’ kinda moment comes and you realise you’re being a grump, chill out, and acknowledge that you have indeed been a dick. When I’m in a bad mood it rubs off on the people around me (to put that more clearly, it rubs off on my darling boyfriend). I used to hold onto my anger/anxiety/negative emotion even after I became aware of it, because I didn’t want to look silly changing mind and snapping out of it. Everyone benefits when we laugh it off and lighten up, the people around you will be grateful for your improved mood too.
5. Self love- I believe that above ALL other thing, self love is the key to true happiness. I know, because I proved it for myself. If the idea of self love is new to you, check out this article.
6. Kindness- Be kind to others, be kind to you, be kind to strangers. Look at the world around you with kind eyes. Remember that each person was once an innocent child, and that innocence is still within them. Everyone is doing the best they can.
7. Express your happiness- And share the love you have for others and for life. Tell the people around you how much they mean to you and if you love something about someone, tell them damn it! They deserve to know, and you might even make their day.
8. Music- there’s nothing like your favourite song or a happy tune to send your mood sky high. Have a ready to go playlist on repeat while you’re getting ready for the day and while doing the
9. Nature- Ground yourself by going outside; breathing fresh air and getting your hands dirty keeps you calm, in balance and is a lovely reminder that we are part of something a whoooole lot bigger than our own little world and the dramas we create.
10. Create- Everyone is creative, in some way or another. Maybe you like to write, or do art. Maybe cooking is more your thing, or decorating a room, designing a webpage or blog, paint your face with makeup, or design a garden or your dream home. Make time for creativity, it nourishes a part of you that nothing else can.
Choose ONE of the points above and tell us how you use it to keep your happiness quota sky high? What other practices or rituals do you use daily to be your happiest self?
Image Credit: http://i.imgur.com/a37mUY4.jpg